SIRo-SA (Socially Intelligent Robots and Societal Applications) TOPIC GROUP
Robots are becoming increasingly accessible to people, having wide potential applications. SIRo-SA TG is an ecosystem platform involving end-users, industry, & academics, to drive Innovative Collaborative Initiatives around this new generation of socially-focused & human-centered robots.
- Strategic Science & Tech Roadmapping
- Expanding application horizons
- Identifying & addressing barriers
We aim to unlock the greatest tech revolutions of the 21st-century for substantial societal impact.
Find out more about this Topic Group
View the Coordinators
Join this Topic Group
How to join this Topic Group and get access to the Topic Groups Portal
Other Topic Groups
Discover the other euRobotics Topic Groups
Robots have enormous potential to play important roles for several of our needs, such as companionship, care, education, energy, tourism, entertainment, co-working, etc. However, there are still various constraints, which prevent the full potentials of such societal applications. There is a great need to create common ground and shared understanding about the science and technology of this new generation of socially-focused & human-centered robots, and their potentials, applications and barriers.
- Session organization in ERF and other relevant venues
- Inter-TGs Collaboration to foster bigger impact and ecosystem, e.g. Sustainability
- Input to euRobotics strategy and roadmapping
- Dissemination of euRobotics activities
- TG Members’ recognitions, exposure and collaboration opportunities
- Collectively generating scientific and technical papers, fostering joint publications
- Uncovering novel and future shaping real-world applications of socially-focused & human-centered robots.
- Bringing diverse stakeholders together, including End Users and Public.
- Share the insights from projects of robots’ deployments in social context, funded by the EU/industry-driven ventures/regional projects.
- Identifying unmet needs and unlocking untapped potentials.
- Leveraging Digital Innovation Hubs to sustain the ecosystem’s growth.
- Engaging with policymakers to shape the expectations and future directions.
- Identifying existing technological, R&D, and market barriers, and working towards their removal.
- Elevating Europe’s global standing by collectively advancing scientific excellence, boosting business potentials, and creating and making useful impact.
- Strengthening a committed network culture.
- Empowering local entities and end-users to actively participate.
- Open up new robotic business potentials through establishing a shared ground among stakeholders.
- Facilitate collaboration by bringing potential partners together and identifying potential proposals.