The euRobotics Technology Transfer Award is seen as one of the European Robotics Forum most prominent activities. Successful technology transfer describes the process of converting scientific findings from research laboratories into innovative products, processes, and services by the commercial sector. Outstanding examples of technology transfer in robot technology and automation that result from cooperative efforts between research and industry are eligible for the prize. The three most outstanding examples of technology transfer receive signed certificates.
This edition of the TechTransfer Award was presented during the European Robotics Forum 2023 which was held in Odense, Denmark.
- First prize: ROPCA – AI and Robotically assisted Ultrasound for the diagnosis and monitoring of Rheumatoid Arthritis frees Rheumatologist to focus on care
- Second prize: Leverage Robotics ToolCubes – Passive Tooling for Highest Flexibility in Robotic Multi-Task-Applications (Dr. Roman Weitschat, Jan Cremer, Dimitri Butsch)
- Third prize: ROBCO (Constantin Dresel, Roman Hölzl, Paul Maroldt)
This edition of the TechTransfer Award was presented during the European Robotics Forum 2022 which was held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- First prize: University of Bremen, Ubica Robotics GmbH, dmTECH GmbH – Robotics in Retail for Up-to-Date Digital Twins of Retail Stores (Michael Beetz, Georg Bartels, Jan-David Walter)
This edition of the TechTransfer Award was presented during the European Robotics Forum 2021 which was an online edition.
- First prize: VEMO The first AI-powered, robotic therapy in Intensive Care – THE TEAM: Alexander König (Reactive Robotics) Sami Haddadin (Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence) Friedemann Müller (Schön Klinik Bad Aibling)
- Second prize: The Myosuit: Textile-Powered Mobility – THE TEAM: Jaime E. Duarte (MyoSwiss) Kai Schmidt (MyoSwiss) Michele Xiloyannis (ETH Zurich) Luca Renato Traini (University Hospital of Zurich) Robert Riener (ETH Zurich)
- Third prize: Wearable Robotics – THE TEAM: Antonio Frisoli (Wearable Robotics / Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna) Lucia Lencioni (Wearable Robotics) Massimo Bergamasco (Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna)
This edition of the TechTransfer Award was presented during the European Robotics Forum 2020 which was held in Malaga.
- First prize: Odense University Hospital, Blue Ocean Robotics & UVD Robots – UV Disinfection Robot – Saving Lives Every Day – THE TEAM: Claus Risager (CEO – Blue Ocean Robotics), Per Juul Nielsen (CEO – UVD Robots), Hans Jørn Kolmos (MD, DMSc – Odense University Hospital)
- Second Prize: Voliro AG – Voliro – Hands in the Sky – THE TEAM: Mina Kamel, Timo Mueller, Anurag Vempati
- Third Prize: Vrije Universiteit Brussel & Axiles Bionics – From AMP-Foot to Axiles Bionics – THE TEAM: Prof. Dirk Lefeber (Vrije Universiteit Brussel), Lennert Vierendeels (Vrije Universiteit Brussel), Dr. Pierre Cherelle (Axiles Bionics), Jacques Langhendries (Axiles Bionics)
This edition of the TechTransfer Award was presented during the European Robotics Forum 2019 which was held in Bucharest, Romania.
- Third prize: Sevensense Robotics AG – Empowering service robots with Visual SLAM – THE TEAM: Dr. Gregory Hitz, Dr. Marcin Dymczyk, Gianluca Cesari