Erasmus project EU Rate: robotics for everyone!
The EU-RATE project wants to respond to the need to increase young people’s interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, making them actors in their use and promoting innovative methods, through fun and accessible robotics educational kits.
The project has the following objectives
1. to make children and young people understand how to make information through action so that they become creative and responsible actors;
2. to educate them about IT and raise awareness of the algorithmic logic behind all the tools we use;
3. to promote the integration of digital skills provision in all curricula;
4. to foster critical thinking especially through the teaching of technology and science in line with the priorities of school education;
5. to prepare children and young people for the challenges of robotics, learning opportunities in many fields (technology, mathematics, logic, English, project management);
6. to get children and young people, especially girls, interested in engineering and digital professions.
In order to achieve these ambitious goals, EU-RATE addresses:
– A direct audience: primary and secondary school teachers, the educational community at large (educators, parents, youth leaders).
A direct audience: primary and secondary school teachers, the educational community at large (educators, parents, youth leaders) and students 14+ as co-developers of the project (participating in training, testing, experimenting, giving feedback).
– An indirect audience: young people aged 8 to 10 and 11 to 14 in extracurricular and/or school activities.
To this end, from October 2020, the start of the project, the consortium is working on the construction of an accessible robotics kit including proposals for hardware, software and learning sequences.
Organisation - Scuola di Robotica
Contact Name - Gianluca Pedemonte
E-mail - email@example.com
I agree to the website Terms & Conditions - No