Update: The workshop submission process is now closed. We are glad to announce that over 72 proposals have been submitted. The coordinators of the accepted workshops will be notified by email.
The European Robotics Forum 2018 (ERF 2018), the most influential meeting of the robotics community in Europe, will be held in Tampere, on 13─15 March 2018. 1000 European robotics top experts are expected to attend the conference. ERF2018 covers current societal and technical themes related to the field of robotics. Interesting subjects will be discussed, including human-robot-collaboration and how robotics can improve industrial productivity and service sector operations. Researchers, engineers, managers, and a growing number of entrepreneurs, business people, and public funding officers from all over Europe come together to discuss technology push and market pull and how innovation in robotics can be accelerated.
Keep in mind that this is not yet another science convention, but a networking event. Your contributions with workshops/sessions should:
- be interactive in style and support in depth discussion of topics
- allow a balanced representation of industrial and academic contributors, and involve end-users, representatives of finance, policy, etc. as appropriate
- identify the potential of robotics applications for business, creation of jobs, and meeting societal needs
- share the state of the art and explain most recent breakthroughs in applications (from agricultural robots to health services)
- open up new robotic business potentials, including those through the establishment of spin-offs
- network with ongoing initiatives in robotics within Europe
- support the opinion of the European Commission and other national and regional funding about European robotics.
This year, we encourage the submission of sessions on topics related to the four selected priority areas:
- Inspection and Maintenance of Infrastructure
- Agile Production
Besides that, we’re looking forward to receiving workshop proposals on
- Robotics and AI
- End User Needs and Robotics Business Ecosystems
- Robotics and Policy
- ELS issues
After its start in San Sebastian in 2010, the European Robotics Forum has become quickly the most popular and influential robotics networking event in Europe. The European Robotics Forum is organised by euRobotics under SPARC, the Public-Private partnership for Robotics in Europe. ERF2018 is hosted by The Robotics Society in Finland in collaboration with Tampere University of Technology.