Call for Sessions and Workshops for the 3-day European Robotics Forum in Edinburgh, 22 to 24 March 2017
Since its inception in San Sebastian 2010, European Robotics Forum (ERF) has become quickly the most popular and influential robotics networking event in Europe. Researchers, engineers, managers, and a growing number of entrepreneurs, business people, and public funding officers from all over Europe come together to discuss technology push and market pull and how innovation in robotics can be accelerated.
Complete the online application form for sessions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Q8HQNQS
and submit your suggestion prior to the deadline 11 Nov 2016!
Keep in mind that this is not yet another science convention, but a networking event. Your contributions with Sessions should:
- be interactive in style and support in depth discussion of topics
- allow a balanced representation of industrial and academic contributors, and involve end-users, representatives of finance, policy, etc. as appropriate
- identify the potential of robotics applications for business, creation of jobs, and meeting societal needs
- share the state of the art and explain most recent breakthroughs in applications (from agricultural robots to health services)
- open up new robotic business potentials, including those through the establishment of spin-offs
- network with ongoing initiatives in robotics within Europe
- support the opinion of the European Commission and other national and regional funding about European robotics.
This year, we highly encourage the submission of sessions on topics related to
- Robotics and AI
- Robotics and Policy and ELS issues
European Robotics Forum is organised by euRobotics AISBL, the Brussels-based European association for the European robotics community. For March 2017, Edinburgh was selected as venue, with the Edinburgh Center for Robotics as local organiser, with David Lane as their coordinator.